A new year reminds us of the value of taking care of our health and well-being with exercise and good nutrition to fuel our bodies and find ways to lower our stress levels, but what if we are doing all that and still struggle with thinning hair?
You may need to take supplements aimed at boosting hair health and volume.
They absorb into the bloodstream and feed the cells and hair follicles. Vitamins are not miracle drugs, but they can help provide essential nutrients to the cells to be healthy and prevent hair loss; and are critical for hair growth, but there are specific nutrients that are crucial for healthy hair.
Vitamins for hair growth should include the following ingredients:
Biotin (Vitamin B7) helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein and thus essential in forming the hair structure.
Vitamin C aids in the body’s production of keratin and collagen to strengthen skin at hair roots. They help with the elasticity, durability, and lustre of hair.
Zinc helps boost immunities in the body.
Reason for loss of hair
If members of your family suffer from hair loss, you are more likely to notice it as well. For men, androgenic alopecia (a genetic condition) causes men to lose their hair over time and shows up as thinning patches on the crown of the head or a receding hairline.
Hair loss can be brought on by certain medical conditions, such as
autoimmune diseases or hormonal issues. Infections that affect the skin and hair on the scalp can cause bald patches and scaly patches. Unbalanced hormone levels and hormonal changes likely related to the thyroid gland can cause temporary hair loss.
When we are stressed, the adrenal gland produces more adrenaline and increases the production of testosterone. If there is an imbalance of hormones, it can affect healthy hair growth.
For growing and maintaining healthy hair, it is important to have a diet rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals are essential.
Viviscal Professional Supplements
Viviscal Professional dietary supplements promote existing hair growth from within by providing nourishment and by supplying vital nutrients to the hair follicle to prolong the hair growth cycle promoting existing hair growth.
Viviscal Professional is 100% drug-free. AminoMar C™ is the key to their hair nourishment system, which is a combination of marine protein molecules and a blend of Horsetail (Stem) Extract and naturally occurring Silica.
Vitamin C is added to help produce collagen, which is a key component of your hair, skin and nails and helps protect against damage that free radicals can cause to body tissues. Free radicals can damage hair, making it brittle and weak. Dry and splitting hair due to a Vitamin C deficiency may lead to hair loss or excessive hair shedding.
Viviscal Professional hair growth supplements are backed by more than 25 years of continuous research and development.
Vitamins for faster hair growth are:
· Vitamin A encourages the cells to produce new hair and encourages your scalp’s pores to generate more oil, which can moisturize your hair.
· Vitamin E is another vitamin found in almonds, avocados and sunflower seeds with a reputation for encouraging cell renewal. If you have skin issues like dandruff, vitamin E may help to calm your scalp.
· Iron is a crucial mineral for a variety of biological processes. Red blood cells are aided in their ability to transport oxygen to your cells, including to the roots of your hair.
·You should consume foods rich in iron because it is not readily absorbed by the body. Fatigue and exhaustion or anemia can result from a diet low in iron. Eat extra eggs, chickpeas, almonds, seeds, brown rice, baked beans, lentils, spinach, broccoli, tofu and dried fruit to accomplish this.
· Vitamin C can promote hair growth and strengthen your immune system.
· It helps our bodies produce collagen, which is full of amino acids that strengthen hair follicles and fight against free radicals, which may inhibit hair development.
· Citrus fruits, broccoli, strawberries, and peppers are the best food sources of vitamin C.
· Protein is the primary component of hair. So it makes sense that increasing your protein intake will promote hair development. By including foods like eggs, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, you can increase the amount of protein in your diet.
Contact Nurse Darlene at Secret Faces to discuss your options for hair loss.